Saturday, October 25, 2008

HappYness....exists or exits ?

Life has been a great turning wheel for me, turning day and night , days and weeks bringing in new phases of life with it. Sometimes life becomes all gloomy and dark when nothing seems important , you lose your way and find yourself at crossroads unable to decide where to go , whereas , sometimes it becomes all happy and starry when everything , every event , every moment seems so dreamy that you forget about the rest of the world and start living in that dreamland. This is not uncommon, everyone faces it and knows it very well. The best thing about the "happy" phase is you become positive towards things and your viewpoint changes from pessimistic to optimistic. But as expected it has side effects too because when the wheel turns to the other side it becomes difficult to cope with the changes. Everything then seems so depressing that the thing which used to bring a smile on your face actually brings tear to your eyes. The optimistic attitude fails and you automatically turn in to a pessimistic. You become a totally different person than the person before. You then learn a lesson in life about what to do and what not to do in life, how to act safe so that this doesn't happens again in your life. Every normal human being would take a lesson from it and act safe but not me. I am the big fool who forgets about all the lessons learned when the happy phase comes back in life.I start assuming that this happy phase will never end and that I will never repeat the mistakes again. And you know what I repeat the same old mistakes again and again to force my wheel to turn my life back to that gloomy phase where again I have to start thinking over again about where I stand, what am I doing, where am I going?,all these questions and queries don't help in any way and pushes me further into the deep corners of the phase.
I remember watching the movie " pursuit of happyness" ,that movie totally moved me and my thoughts , it told me that we always pursue for happiness in life and that's what keeps us moving, we actually can never be happy but can only pursue for it and dream about happiness.I hope I realize it soon that happiness doesn't exists for me but always exits from my life.
PS:- BEWARE!!! Don't believe in what I am saying , I am a very very bad person. Reason:- previous post.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Probably one thing I've learnt in the past one year is: you're responsible for your own happiness. A person must find out what makes him/her happy and work to get it instead of assuming that things will work out to their end.

Optimism is not about believing that things will work out just fine. Optimism is about believing that whatever happens, you will make things go your way.

Soham Chakraborty said...

But sometimes a way might just not exist by which you can get what makes you happy.. then it becomes difficult..sometimes working on getting it back may make you more unhappy than ever..

SAM said...

happiness is a relative word bache!
nd yeah...never give up till u find a way out! things happen to u only because god ji knows u can deal wid it.. so there is a way out may be u r jst nt lookin at it :)

Soham Chakraborty said...

haan mummy I realised it ... I just got a beautiful defination of happiness...