Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Few Drops of Bliss

As we all know, festival season is here, most of us are in a mood to enjoy and let their worries go away but don't know why I am not able to do that. The main thing I like about festival is the interaction between the people i.e finding new friends, meeting old relatives etc. My "masi"and "mausa" have come to our place, my cousin sister has also come who studies in 8th standard. Well as for us Durga Puja is the main festival of all, we don't remain in our home for most part of the day, don't make food for lunch or dinner etc. But my college -Engineering institute doesn't provides me that freedom to go home and follow all these traditions but somehow I managed to bunk the lectures and come home. So we all( 7 people in all) went to see programs during this durga puja at various places like vashi, juhu, chembur etc. I was able to go only to vashi. I went there for two major reasons - KK and sonu nigam. I woke up monday morning at 6:00, told mom to prepare breakfast as I was going back to my "engineering institute". At 6:30 I went to kitchen and told mom I am not going, I am bunking the lectures, I gave the reason that my "masi and mausa" are coming so, but my mom became suspicious( mothers know everything :P)and told me you could have told me earlier but it's fine. Well yes my mom's suspicion was not invalid as my mom told me earlier that KK is performing live in vashi's durga puja pandal, and also my mom knows how big a fan I am of KK and his songs. Don't know what happened but I took this decision by listening to my heart and my instincts(I have started using them more recently).I couldn't resist but stay at home. I didn't sleep then, I took my guitar and started singing a few songs of KK which I love the most- Alvida, Tu hi meri shab, Ajab si, Ashayein, Tu hain aasmaan, 'Khuda Jaane', etc. Continued till 11, untill I realised that I haven't slept much last night( 3 hrs), so I went back to sleep and woke up at 1:30(:P). Well leaving all unimportant details, finally I went to watch KK live at vashi fighting with rain and mud. The show started, KK came on stage, huge roar, deja vu of mood indigo 2006, the show ended. And I was amazed. I was in a different world. During the concert I was the only one in my neighborhood shouting and singing(I was singing harmonies to what KK was singing so I got more stares), but who cares, at that time I wished that if it is possible that I go up the stage and sing with him ,but obviously who would listen to me, singing(:P). Those were my few drops of bliss in a sea of despairity,a spark of light in the sky of darkness and gloominess, a soothing fragnance in an odorless and dead life. I started dreaming of singing alongside KK, I know how strange is this, but dreaming is not a crime, we all have our dreams and percieve our dreamland.By the way,the most strange and weird thing is that we find other's dreams to be too unrealistic and impossible(Like you might be feeling about my dreams right now).But it doesn't matters to me.
Well returning back to the main point i.e Durga puja in vashi. After I watched KK live, I came to know that sonu nigam is performing day after tommorow. Sonu nigam, just the name is enough to introduce him, the most versatile singer ever I have seen, he can sing anything, from hardcore classical to hip shaking dance numbers. Like KK, his attitude towards music is what I like the most. So Wednesday evening I left from my engineering institute for my home and after strugling and fighting a long way, I managed to reach home( In between I found out that I have lost 3kgs in just few weeks, fastest rate of dip in my weight in 3 years, don't know why it happened, may be something or the other). Again leaving all details, I went to see sonu nigam live, he came on stage, huge roar, deja vu of last durga puja, show ended. Again I was left amazed. What a talent, what a voice, what a versatility, he showed to us how he is different and how he can move the crowd. Like earlier I was the only one in my neghborhood shouting and singing( this time not harmonies but the actual tune).This was again that drop, that light, that fragnance which keeps me alive inspite of all the worries and despairities of my life.

4 comments:

SAM said...

i pray these drops keep pouring on u forever!!!

Soham Chakraborty said...

thank you again mummy.. mera lappy broke down today .. so I had to hear a few words from my parents but the good thing is I am now taking a new toshiba laptop with windows vista in it..

SAM said...

partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Soham Chakraborty said...

hai raam ek to lappy gaya uske upar party !!! :(