Friday, December 26, 2008

Selfish

From childhood I know only one definition of selfish i.e. thinking only about one-self and not caring about what happens to others. Well I never liked this idea of being selfish and doing things only to make me happy. Along the years I realized I obtain happiness by bringing about happiness to others. When something which I have done makes others happy, I become happy automatically. Even if I have to make a sacrifice in making that happen, I like to do it. One friend of mine told me that I am lying that I get happiness by seeing happiness. Well he is partly right and partly wrong. I am happy if I see deserving people happy but angry when it is the opposite. I find it difficult to say no when people ask for help from me. I think helping too much can in turn hurt me :P when the people whom I would help would just vanish after that or come to surface only when they need help. Well to prevent that I have developed the theory of expectations where you expect nothing in return from anyone anytime anywhere. I tried changing myself but couldn't as it suffocated me and made me unhappy.

PS:- Getting bored.. waiting for an adventure to happen... like asteroid hitting earth or ice caps melting faster :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well being selfish
hmm
it sometimes makes you happy it does
wn u need it the most it hepls
but yes its no greater joy in watchin ur loved ones happy

happy new yr
cheers