Friday, December 12, 2008

Once





I don't remember when, but some day in the last 3 months, one of my friends- shashank, suggested me a movie named- 'Once'. He said the songs are great and as a music enthusiast you must watch it. So I downloaded the movie(within 5 minutes :P) and started watching it (although it was 2:00am ). The movie started off with a nice soothing song with the main lead hero strumming his broken guitar and singing for money(I thought of this profession when I was not getting any job, I thought of being a beggar at CST station and one day get killed by a terrorist, my friend alok wanted to join me but I said you should play at a different place, it will increase the returns from the begging :P).Well now I will not need it (unfortunately :(, because I would have loved it, music all day , freedom wow!). So, the movie, second song in the movie was "say it to me now", at the end of this song the female lead appears. Well I was already lost in the movie when this beautiful song came in - "falling slowly", it took my mind away. I was so thrilled in the course of the movie, I wished that time I was in there actually, playing my own songs(dream) like the male lead did in the movie.
Everything was going on perfectly like a perfect movie made for me, the guy always lost in the thought of his love from past life, receiving great comments about the songs he wrote, just amazing. The guy formed a temporary band to record his songs and go for a record deal. The whole journey shown so beautifully. And then finally they were in a studio, recording their first song. I was already on the seventh heaven watching all these, when something took me to the fourteenth heaven, it was the song, the one which I liked the best - "when your mind's made up". There are few songs for which you just close your eyes and listen, for which you stop doing everything else, for which you don't need any excuse and there it was - the song of the moment, the song that hit hard, perfectly at just the perfect place at the perfect time. This song took me to some different place, some different time. I saw this portion of the movie again and again and again, about a thousand times, not even sure of that, may be more. When the movie ended it was 5:30am, the movie is less than 1 and half hours long but it took me 3 and half to complete it as i watched few scenes again and again and again.
After this night, the song is in my every play-list till now. In fact, today I watched the movie again and my body hairs , eyes , ears reacted in the same way as they did that night. I decided to write about the movie as I was watching it again. Amazing movie (at least for me).
The movie didn't ended by- the guy and girl living together happily ever after, but ended in a way that both were happy and missed each other very much. I couldn't sleep that night after watching the movie, how can I? I took my guitar into hands and wondered...

No comments: