Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The last night of the year...

Well the night is not yet over.. but in my words it was the perfect night.. Firstly I realized how much some people mean to me... today was supposed to be a boring day because I had no plans for tonight and decided that I will sit at home only and watch some Tv shows etc. Well today started off by my old childhood friend Sriram visiting my place, which was a great start as we enjoyed our time talking. We met nikeeta and shiny at different times as their free times didn't matched.. Sriram, shiny and I roamed around in the mall for a while and then when sriram was supposed to leave for station, we decided that all three of us will go to station in my scooter, I was driving it, sriram at my back and then shiny, it reminded me of the scene in the movie Swades. Also I went back to my memories of jodhpur for a while. After sriram left, I , nikita and shiny were supposed to meet at around 5:30 pm for the new year eve. I came back home at around 4 pm. Then after some time some family friend kid came to me to ask me doubts in maths, so he started off and I was going on comfortably when suddenly I saw my watch and realised it is 6:45 pm, I completely forgot about the meeting. I then rushed through his doubts and finished within 5-10 mins. I called up nikeeta - phone was unavailable, so I called up shiny - she was not so much pissed off but was angry and shocked that how I forgot. I said thousand sorries and then decided to make it up. I knew shiny will not come down again so I decided I will go to nikita's colg and say sorry. So I called her up and said I am coming, she told me she was going with her friends to marine drive so make it early, so I rushed my scooter at 70kmph (like in jodhpur :P)and reached.. there she was with her friends.. then as a punishment I had to take her to station on my scooter.. so I took her.. rectified her headphones which were not working..and then she left for her trip.. after that I again called up shiny and told her sorry.. Then the sweetest part began.. I reached home with burgers from McD for me and my sis.. After enjoying the burgers I switched on the home theatre in radio mode and in a very loud volume.. I loved the sound.. My sis said she would dance tonight at 12 on this sound.. After that the whole family including my grandfather and grandmother sat in the drawing room and started chatting.. and this was the best part of the night.. My grandfather told me stories about his college day life and I came to know how jolly he has been all through his life... I still remember hearing stories and jokes from him when I used to visit my village during my holidays.. He told me an incident where one person asked him - " Dont u have any worries in life? why are u so happy always ?" ..He replied that time - " Of course I have tons of worries but that doesnt means I cannot be happy and laughing all the time" .. I was moved by it that how simple those lines may be but how strong it was.. This one incident told me everything about him.. next best thing that happened was chatting with my sis.. I just suddenly started giving her fundaes of life..which moved on to me asking riddles and puzzles to her which I made on the spot.. I was enjoying it very much, I was not complaining about her weaknesses neither she was angry or shouting at me.. then the topic moved on to astrology.. and predicting future.. my grandfather saw the lines in the hand and said ur fate line is very nice, ur wealth line is also very good, but ur heart line is the best.. it reaches right up to the point between the fingers on both hands so that when i join both my hands it makes a half moon.. I noticed no one except my sis had the heart line so deep.. my mom's was just short of the half moon.. my dad's was not even close to half moon.. my sis suddenly came and hugged me saying wow we are so similar by heart... I felt so relaxed and happy after discussing all these which also included my childhood.. jodhpur .. tunmun's childhood.. I was overwhelmed.. I thought to myself what can be a better celebration that this.. My grandfather saw the glow of satisfaction in my eyes.. Even my sis saw it.. I felt it

2 comments:

Express said...

:)
ah, best time we spend in our lives is with family :)

I miss my bro,
*sniff*

anyway,
my nanu told me stories. But he passed away when I was very young. I miss him, he was my idol.
Now nani I love, but seldom meet her :(((((((((((

u made me saddy soham!

anyway,
Happy nu year!
:) tc!

Soham Chakraborty said...

arey re... sorry re .. but i couldnt stop my emotions :) ... bechari ..

my nana is a very jolly person and so it is always feels lively around him..

My nani always tells me to eat eat and eat .. so i get annoyed x-(
and ya
happy new year to you too
and dont get all saddy !!! :P