Monday, December 15, 2008

The Corrs

It was a mistake but ended up in such a beautiful experience. The mistake was that I downloaded a different -"breathless" expecting it to be the one by shankar mahadevan. Well thank God, I downloaded the wrong one because that brought me in the world of the Corrs. Ya it is a band of Irish origin with the whole family playing and singing in it. For details visit wikipedia. The song breathless just took my breathe away - two reasons - the song itself and the singer , just wow! Andrea corr is the lead singer and tin whistle player, Sharon and Caroline are her sisters who play violin and drums respectively, the brother of all three plays the guitar. So where was I, ya the song. It was just amazing. I fell in love with Andrea at the first song at itself. I listened to the song atleast few hundred times which freaked my sister away :P.
When I told others about her, I came to know that everyone already knew about her. For example shatabdi was fighting over the fact that who was hotter - andrea or sharon. I said andrea and she supported the other two which ended in no result :P. Well she is gonna lose, no doubt. I found out from wikipedia that sharon and caroline got married and left their career, one got married on 9th july (My mom's birthday) and other on 22nd August (My birthday) :P, interesting!

PS:- Their debut album is named Forgiven, not Forgotten :P hehe .. man !!! what is happening all around, too much weird world :P ..hehe

PPS:- They are good, do listen to them.

3 comments:

Express said...

see, andreas good But sharons' one of her kind!

the corrs ve been one of my fav bands for long now...what amazes me is among them in the family, they can play *all* intruments!

hail the corrs!
:-)

Unknown said...

It is odd, a girl and a boy fighting over a girl... x-(

Soham Chakraborty said...

The previous comment was by me - Soham, somehow I can't login from here :(