Sunday, March 29, 2009

Post PAF and Farewell

After singing "solo" in this year's PAF, I realized how much my life has taken a turn. Suddenly I am this great singer who is this and that, suddenly people are calling me 5-6 times to come to celebrate job treats, suddenly 23 people are waiting for me on a hired bus to Sanjay Gandhi National Park under the thane flyover, suddenly I am being welcomed to scrutinize election manifestos, suddenly I am this busy man. Though I agree I am happy but still I am shocked by the level of ignorance people have. People have developed such prejudices against and for some things which just is intolerable by me. These people are just rebound friends who will come and go as fast as they came, but real friends are few in here namely - alok,ravi,apoorv,shashank. They have been there all the time- in happiness, in sadness, in joy etc. I will be losing touch with them soon except apoorv who is a dual degree student so he will be there in IIT. So it is time to bid a farewell to IIT(phew!).
Farewell in IIT happens in a very nice way where friends write profiles of each other which is later narrated in front of everyone revealing secrets crushes and what not. I realized I have done such stupid things in the first year that now when I think of them I can't believe how much I have changed. Our hostel has the farewell scheduled on 3rd April. It will be hopefully video recorded. I have bought the formals too that I will wear on that day. Generally people get drunk so that they can tolerate their stupid things that have been written in their profile. Some have even told me to do so but I guess I don't need to tolerate those as if I had not done those mistakes I would not have been here where I am today. I am thankful to those mistakes.
Life has taken a new turn and a new day is coming after a long time in my life and I am hopeful but ready to accept anything without any expectations.

1 comment:

Express said...

:-))))))))

enjoy it while it stays dude..

My teachers danced for us on our farewell! :D it ws sooo cool that we cried gallons after that!

I shall MISS ruia *sob*