Monday, May 19, 2008

A PAID VACATION ( JAMSHEDPUR/TATANAGAR)

I used to cross this station many a times while going to west bengal from jodhpur , I heard it is a city created by JRD tata , it is the biggest supplier of steel and all. And now I am working as an intern here. When I thought of this city , I thought of bihar and I was disgusted because of the problems faced during train journeys through bihar during my childhood , the train used to become reservation free when it entered bihar. But anyways as I had no choice ( thanks to IIT PT policy) , I had to pack my bags for Jamshedpur.My journey started on 9th May night , from Kurla in 2ND AC which was more like 3RD AC converted but the co-passengers were very nice. They never let me leave the train , let me sleep till 10 in the morning etc . I brought my guitar along here and on the way I played it too. I performed " kisine naa jaana " (self composition) in front of them and they liked it so much that they wrote the lyrics of the song in their personal diary and even my contact number and address. Then finally the destination arrived , it was like a Deja Vu to me .. as it gave me a hint of jodhpur , the city where i spent my best 6 years of life .. then i reached the hostel G.T. hostel-4 ..after reaching i was sad initially as i was all alone here ..no one to talk to etc... so i just got to my room and slept ... when i woke up , i was feeling good ..i went downstairs ...and it was then that i realised the hostel is better than my hostel in iit .. it had all the facilities ( gym , games , AC TV room )..the mess food was GOD. The TV room was the first place i went in... kolkata knight riders were playing that time.. there i met my first friend here.. abhishek srivastava ..he was from iit b only but i never met him there.. as our departments were different.Eventually i met everyone who came from iitb.. but i observed one thing that my viewpoint towards them was totally changed ..earlier i thought they will never talk to me etc..but in fact they were very helpful and even guided me to the rest of the facilities as they were in there before me ... so all of them were now great frnds of mine... i was happy ..really happy..it was a change from the usual boring life in iit b .. the people here knew nothing about my history etc so they never made me remind of it.. after 3-4 days we were assigned our projects.. i was alloted a project in CRM ( cold rolling mill).. the most peaceful place in tata steel as the name suggests( cool) under mrityunjay ..the most peaceful person in CRM.. otherwise who would allow me to hear music in frontech speakers in his personal office that too arch enemy, iron maiden , metallica in almost full volume ..(right now listening to saara jahan)..In CRM .i met two guys from iit kgp ..sid and bhaskar..they are right now my greatest pals here ... we discuss everything siting in the cafeteria of CRM ..yes the only place in tata steel to have one.. bhaskar and I are working on the same project so it is lot easier to work and do time pass in the office.. there's also a graduate trainee(G.T.) in the office..her name is vani vatsa ..who is more busy with her mobile than her work but she is cool..she understands us that we are not here to join tata steel but to do a formality of internship..i even went thru a ragging by the other GTs ..who are giving a treat to interns in CRM in a three star hotel for no reason..(:D)..There is another hostel in front of ours which was G.T. hostel no.1 ..which was a very well equipped hostel.. it has a comp room, god TV room, god mess, and more importantly a ground.. which triggered my interest in cricket..(after so many years!!!)..so i started playing there with other people from iit kgp..it-bhu..iitm..( i was bowled in the first delivery i faced..:D).. but sooner i regained my form in batting and bowling ..and i became a threat for the opposite team.. ( yeyeyeye!!! old memories!!).. rest of the story in next post !!!

PS:- very unorganised way of writing the post , but who cares :P

3 comments:

The dreamer said...

haha..nice one but then this is missing all the crazy stuffs we did..[:D]..it is just a account..the special points need to be thr..

Soham Chakraborty said...

yup it will come up soon re... dont worry ..pic abhi baaki hain mere dost !!!

AG said...

heyaa

paid vacation haa
waaah waah
looks like somebody had fun :P
bring out the details :P

cheers